Students at South Jordan Middle School will become:
- Students commit to creating quality work and strive for excellence.
- Students reflect on their own learning and establish goals for improvement.
- Students plan goals and timelines, identify processes, and resources needed for a specific learning task.
- Students use a variety of reading strategies for different reading purposes.
- Students write with clarity and purpose using the six traits model.
- Students present ideas effectively through oral presentations.
- Students recognize and evaluate various forms of communication.
- Students gather and use prior information to apply to new situations.
- Students identify, evaluate, and apply multiple strategies to solve problems.
- Students organize information and justify conclusions appropriate to the context.
- Students work with others to obtain common goals.
- Students evaluate and monitor individual behavior as group members.
- Students demonstrate skills in consensus building.
- Students understand, appreciate, and respect the diversity of all.
- Students articulate and apply positive character traits.
- Students assume accountability for their actions.
- Students appreciate their individuality and potential.
- Students demonstrate an understanding of and respect for community, state, nation, and worldwide issues.