HAVE A GREAT SOJO SUMMER!!
Be sure to check the “school newsfeed” on the menu bar for updated news and announcements.
Community Nursing Services will be offering vaccinations at South Jordan Middle School on Wednesday, Aug. 12 from 10 am -12 pm. Flyers listing the required immunizations as well as Salt Lake County Health Department information are attached below.
Beliefs for Schedule/Teacher Change
Much time and consideration has gone into your student’s placement and schedule at South Jordan Middle School. At South Jordan Middle School, we believe that every voice counts and that every child is as equally entitled to a positive learning experience as another. The Class change request policy was designed in accordance with Utah SB 122 which states: “ An LEA shall reasonably accommodate a parent’s or guardian’s initial selection of a teacher or request for a change. Reasonably accommodate means an LEA shall make it’s best effort to enable a parent or guardian to exercise a parental right specified in section 53A-15-1503 without substantial impact to staff and resources, including employee working conditions, safety and supervision on school premises and for school activities, and the efficient allocation of expenditures; and while balancing the parent rights of parents or guardians; the education needs of other students; the academic and behavioral impacts to a classroom; a teachers workload; and the assurance of the safe and efficient operation of a school.”
- The learning environment is most productive when there is a balance of classroom size, diversity and academic ability.
- Teachers have the responsibility to give input on student placement
- All teachers provide equal opportunities for quality learning.
- Students, parents and teachers should have an opportunity to learn to work with and appreciate various personalities.
- Creating different mixes of students encourages new friendships and social community growth.
- It is in the best interest of all students to control student placement combinations that could lead to disciplinary problems. Some combinations require a significant amount of classroom teacher time to regulate and can reduce teaching time for the rest of the class.
MESA Activity – March 25th
MESA students had fun with their balloon experiment!
2015-16 Registration Info
For more information about 2015-2016 registration, go to the counseling center homepage at sjmscounseling.weebly.com
Permit Information for the 2015-16 School Year
Please click here to find out more information about permits for the 2015-16 school year.
SOJO SAGE RESULTS
2013-14 SAGE Results have now been published! Please see the SoJo SAGE Results 2013-14 slides for our school results broken down by grade level and subject. This week our teachers shared with all students the following presentation on SoJo SAGE Results. Here are some additional resources that might help answer any questions: SAGE Parent Letter, SAGE Results Companion.
SoJo Spotlight Newsletter
Check out the latest issue of the monthly school newsletter.
Click HERE for the Monthly Calendar
Bullying Report Hotline
To report incidents of bullying, fill out this confidential form that is submitted directly to school administrators.
ZUPAS School Spirit Night – Apr. 21 @ 5-9 pm.
MESA-RAMA – Wednesday, Apr. 22 @ 5:30 pm.
Theatre Performance – May 5 & 6 @ 6:00 pm
Band Concert – May 12 @ 6:30 pm – BHS Auditorium
Orchestra Concert – May 19 @ 6:30 pm
Choir Concert – May 27 @ 6:00 pm
Dance Concert – May 28 @ 7:00 pm